3 popular frequently asked questions on senior phone plans
Today, phones have become a pivotal part of our lives. From connecting with people to staying updated about what’s happening around you, phones let you do it all. While having a cell phone is good, getting a phone plan is much more important. Phone plans enable allow you to get better services and more at a good deal. From data plans that are unlimited to plans for budget-conscious buyers, there are endless choices to choose from.
Many cell phone service companies are proliferating the market. With a large number of options to choose from and the presence of these companies, the customer is crowned king. Amazingly, seniors can now choose plans that fulfill their needs. If you are looking for smartphone plans for seniors for yourself or your parents, you may be left confused. That’s just what a plethora of options can do, right? Here are few things that you should understand and be aware of before buying phone plans for seniors.
Why should you opt for senior phone plans?
- Senior phone plans are specially designed by keeping mind the needs of seniors.
- These plans generally prepaid and come minus all the frills and fancy options that you find with other phone plans. This lets you save a lot of money and opt out of things that you do not require.
- Also, the amount charged on senior phone plans is lesser; this means that you can stay connected without having to shell out large chunks of your income or savings.
Which are the popular carriers that offer best senior cell phone plans?
Here are few of the popular carries that offer senior phone plans:
- There are other carriers too that work on a smaller scale but do offer good senior phone plans.
Which are basic senior phone plans that you can opt for?
If you are one of those people who do not use their cell phones for more than basic calling, then you should opt for a basic plan that comes at much lower rate.
- T-Mobile Pay As You Go – This is an extremely cheap senior phone plan to consider if you make minimum calls and text messages in a month. You can enjoy the combination of a set number of text messages and phone calls at the rate of $3 per month, but will also have to pay a fee for the SIM card at the time of signing up. The phones retail starting at $60; however, if you have a cell phone that is compatible with this plan, you do not have to bother about spending money on a new device.
- AT&T GoPhone Daily – This is yet another good plan for seniors who do not find the need to use their phone too often. A $2 fee is charged on days that you text or receive a call. However, you can also make unlimited number of calls and send out unlimited number of messages on these days. AT&T phones can be purchased at a rate that starts at about $30 depending on the type model that you go in for. Just like with the above plan, you do not have to purchase this phone plan for seniors from the company if you have one that is compatible with the plan.
It is good to evaluate the senior phone plans well before you make a final purchase. There can be hidden costs and other related costs that you should be aware of in advance. You do not want to be paying for something that you were not aware of when signing up for the plan.