There is nothing that screams elegance like hardwood floors do when it comes to home décor. They add to the aesthetics of the house, look timeless, and, essentially, add character to your house.
You will notice that though many people would love having hardwood floors in their house, they end up changing their mind and opt for ceramic tiles or marble flooring.
Many of these people avoid getting hardwood floors because they fear cleaning wood floors, as they believe that it is impossible to remove stains from hardwood floors. However, truth be told, it is not that hard to clean wood floors if done in time and in the right manner.
Read on to find out four essential hardwood cleaning tips and hacks that will make cleaning wood floors feel effortless.
How can you maintain wooden floors?
• Use a mop and some warm water for regular cleaning of wood floors.
• Every once or twice a year, you should consider deep cleaning the wooden floors with a vacuum cleaner and high-quality hardwood cleaning products.
• Make sure that you are not using too much water, as it might lead to a premature decay of the wooden floor.
• Another hack is to place furniture on top of rubber floor protectors so the furniture is elevated from the surface. In this way, your floor won’t get scraped every time you move the furniture.
How can you prevent staining of wooden floors?
• There are some preventive measures that will help you ensure that your hardwood floor looks new as ever. First, you should vacuum your floor regularly to keep the floor clean.
• A smart thing to do would be to place a rug or a doormat at the entrance of any room that has a hardwood floor. This way, you can make sure that people can wipe their feet at the entrance and not dirty the floor.
Can you use natural ingredients to clean hardwood floors?
• Yes, fortunately, you can clean wooden floors and get rid of stubborn stains by using natural ingredients that you can easily find in your house. The best part about using natural ingredients is that you will be saving money that you would otherwise spend on buying expensive cleaning products. More importantly, you will notice that the result is the same in both the cases—shining wooden floor that looks new as ever.
• A mixture of warm water and vinegar happens to be one of the best homemade DIY hardwood cleaners. If you are not sure about using water, then you can make use of vegetable oil.
• Black tea is also said to be great for cleaning stubborn stains on the hardwood floor. All that you got to do is brew a couple of bags of black tea and once it cools down, dip the mop into the mixture, and clean the wood floor.
What are some wooden floor cleaning products that you must invest in?
• For daily cleaning of wooden floors, you must invest in a good-quality mop. O-Cedar, Casabella, Swiffer, and Microfibre mops are some of the top mop brands that you must check out. Weiman Hardwood Floor Cleaner, Parker & Bailey Wood Floor Cleaner, Mohawk Hardwood & Laminate Floor Cleaner, and Murphy Squirt & Mop Wood Floor Cleaner are some of the leading hardwood cleaning products that you can buy today.
• When you are buying cleaning products for your hardwood floor, just make sure that you buy the ones that are free from the harsh chemicals.
• It is okay to invest in a strong cleaning product for deep hardwood floor cleaning but for everyday purpose, try to buy something that is light and natural.
Just keep in mind that the best way to remove any stain from hardwood floor is to tackle it when it is fresh. Don’t procrastinate, clean the stains immediately, as you might have a better chance at saving your floor when the stain is new.
Tags: clean wood floors, cleaning wood floor, hardwood floor cleaning, wood floor cleaning products