A garage door is a lot more than just a safety door for your vehicles. A large population of the people in the country use garages as warehouses, which means that they require a strong, sturdy door. It is ideal to replace a garage door, if you are having to spend a substantial amount on maintaining it. There can be other reasons to replace a garage door other than wear and tear, such as renovation. If you’re looking to replace your garage door, the following four questions will help you make an informed decision.
What are the benefits of a new garage door?
- Better safety: This is one of the biggest concerns with garage doors, as most burglars enter through the garage or the backyard. A new garage door will ensure better safety as it will have an enhanced security system that cannot be broken down easily.
- Value: If you are looking to sell your home, a new garage door can raise the value of your home significantly. Similarly, it also works wonders in enhancing the overall beauty of your home.
- Energy efficiency: The older your garage is, the higher will be the probability of you spending a lot of money maintaining it. Getting a new door might cost you a lot more, but it will only be a positive investment that can help you save in the future.
Which are the top brands for garage doors?
- Trento by Silvelox: Designed in Italy, this garage door manufacturer has a two-tier overlap system which allows the door to take up less space. The doors are manufactured in an Italian style.
- Hormann: This brand is based in the UK and has been working its way to be one of the top manufacturers of garage doors. It is making it to the top with the help of its detailed attention to the design and operation. The door offers supremely quiet operation and easy maintenance.
- Wayne Dalton: This is one of the most economic brands among the top brands for garage doors. The steel collection by this brand is the one that stands out, mainly due to its durability. You can also customize it and add windows or other metalwork.
Which parts of a garage door can one customize?
- Material: This is where your customization for garage doors should ideally start. You can choose from wood, steel, and aluminum. Wood is the costliest material for a garage door followed by aluminum and then steel.
- Windows: Not all garage doors have windows, they can be added if you wish. Along with their aesthetic beauty, they also allow for better ventilation and additional light in the garage. Effective insulation can also be achieved with the help of glass windows.
- Hardware: The hardware customizations for a garage door include the mechanics of the door, locks, as well as the handles. Just like other products, the hardware for a garage door is also available in multiple styles, qualities, and materials for you to choose from.
Furthermore, if you need to make any changes to your customizations, there are multiple 24-hour garage door repair stations that can help you out. You can check online for repair stations near you.
Where must one buy garage doors?
In most cases, you can buy a garage door from the same contractor for doors and other fittings in your home. However, if not, the following are a few ideal options for buying garage doors.
- Online: Garage doors are a product one would like to see physically before making the purchase. Even if you might not be entirely convinced to make the purchase of a garage door online, you can check the samples and then visit the store.
- Merchant stores: There are many brick and mortar stores associated with manufacturing garage doors present throughout the country. You can look up these stores online and check the reviews for various aspects such as customer service and delivery.
- Contractors: If you are going for an entire renovation of your living space, your garage door will be included in the project. You can ask your contractor for samples and then make your choice from the ones they have to offer.