Here’s everything you need to know about buying dog treats
We feel exhilarated when we are rewarded for performing well in the tasks assigned to us, and this acts as a motivation in maintaining the same stride in future tasks. Well, you would be surprised to know that this technique of reinforcing the desired behavior isn’t limited only to humans; it is universal. Most handlers train their animals to perform the required feats by giving them treats when they adhere to what has been taught to them. So, if you are a new dog parent, then this technique comes in handy while teaching your beloved pooch a few tricks and disciplining it.
Dogs are one of the most amiable pets you will come across; however, it is imperative that you acknowledge the fact that every dog has a distinct personality. Some dogs are friendly, while others are shy initially. So, while teaching them to obey commands, you need to couple your teaching techniques with the best treat for dogs to win them over and imbibe in them the realization that obeying commands will allow them to enjoy the best dog treats.
If you wish to train your puppy or simply indulge your dog, here are some things you need to know about the best treat for dogs when you set out to buy dog treats.
How does one use dog treats effectively?
- Contrary to what people usually assume, dog treats aren’t simply what candies are to kids; well, some parents do use candies to teach their kids good behavior. You should use the dog treats only when your puppy obeys your command. In fact, you can use the best treat for dogs to reinforce a calm state of mind. Puppies and dogs are easily excitable, so, giving it dog treats when it is in this situation might be reinforcing wrong behavior.
- Moreover, when you are giving the treat, ensure that you show your disapproval if the dog jumps on you to grab it out of your hand. It is important to display a slightly stern body language while giving the dog treats since your dog needs to learn to stay calm in such situations. Ergo, it wouldn’t try and steal food from your hand.
Which are the best treat for dogs?
- You’ll find various options for dog treats in any supermarket aisle you visit, but randomly picking up dog treats can drastically affect your canine’s health. You need to ensure that you buy the best dog treats for puppies or adult dogs from a renowned brand since the popularity of the brand is synonymous with its quality.
- The best treat for dogs are Stella & Chewy’s Carnivore Crunch Beef Recipe, Zuke’s Mini Naturals Fresh Peanut Butter Formula Dog Treats which is the best moist treat for dogs, ZiwiPeak Venison Good Dog Treats which is the best jerky, and the best-baked treat for dogs is the Canidae Grain-Free PURE Heaven Dog Biscuits.
Baked, moist, or freeze-dried? Which is the best treat for dogs?
- Before buying dog treats, you need to accept this fact that it is highly probable that your dog might not like the particular treat your bought. Dogs are quite picky about their food, just as their humans are, and if it doesn’t appeal to their taste buds, you cannot use the dog treat to teach it different commands.
- Since the best treat for dogs are available in the form of baked, moist, and freeze-dried treats, choosing the right one can be slightly difficult. However, a majority of dogs have shown a preference for freeze-dried dog treats, and it is quite feasible since it has the shortest ingredient list, which implies that it has fewer fillers.
What are the ingredients that one should look for in a dog treat?
- Dog treats are made using varied ingredients, and here’s a shocker: not every ingredient is beneficial for your pooch’s health. So, it is essential that you make it a habit to read through the ingredient list before buying the dog treat. Most dog treat brands make use of grains in their formula; however, like humans, dogs can be allergic to grains as well. For such dogs, ensure that you opt for grain-free dog treats.
- Moreover, ensure that the “meal” used in the dog treat comes from a particular source. For instance, animal meal implies that the source of protein could come from anywhere, whereas “chicken meal” or “turkey meal” implies that the proteins come from a known source.
best treat for dogs, best dog treat puppies, buy dog treats