How to paint kitchen cabinets?
One of the most expensive remodeling projects is renovating the kitchen. The cost of kitchen cabinets, countertops, and new appliances is increasing day-by-day. If you are a homeowner who is unable to afford a major overhaul to the kitchen or if you are a renter whose landlord would not let you update the kitchen, painting the kitchen cabinets on your own can revamp the look of your kitchen in a low cost.
Although painting kitchen cabinets can be extremely exhausting, if you are up to the challenge, you can have the kitchen you love.
Below is some helpful information that can aid you in your quest to getting a stylish kitchen without spending a lot of money.
How to choose the perfect kitchen cabinet color?
Below are some tips to help you choose the perfect kitchen cabinet paint colors:
- Look to the style of the cabinets– Following the cabinet’s design style as a guide can help you choose the right color quickly. Classic colors like whites and creams always look beautiful in a traditional kitchen. Similarly, subdued creams and bright whites work well with Shakers and Arts and Crafts styles. When it comes to a modern kitchen, the range for colors can increase significantly. Contrasting tones and bright colors work wonders with a modern design. Modern kitchens can carry off yellows, reds, or even greens.
- Consider size– The size of the kitchen is another important aspect that plays a role when choosing the perfect color for kitchen cabinets. A big and well-lit kitchen can look perfect with dark cabinets, whereas, small or under-lit kitchens benefit from light-colored kitchen cabinets.
- Create contrast– Using contrasts can work really well while choosing a kitchen cabinet color. For example, the contrast between a light kitchen design paired with black cabinets looks beautiful.
What are the advantages of painting the kitchen cabinets?
The top two benefits of painting the kitchen cabinets are:
Economical– The cost of revitalizing kitchen cabinets by painting them yourself is a fraction of the cost of both materials and labor required to replace the existing kitchen cabinets.
A face-lift– One of the first things people notice when they enter the kitchen is the kitchen cabinets because they occupy a majority of the wall space. Therefore, painting them regularly can ensure they as well as your kitchen looks attractive.
What are the uses of a tack cloth?
A tack cloth is a loosely woven cheesecloth that is soaked in natural beeswax, which works as a magnet for dusk but it does not penetrate wooden surfaces as water does.
Tack cloths are used for preparing small surfaces for finishing or painting.
Tack cloth cleans off metal shaving, sawdust, and other dry construction-related particles.
The right uses and surfaces for tack cloths are small amounts of drywall dust, baseboards, drawer fronts, door and window trim, cabinet faces, and window muntins and mullions.
How much does it cost to paint a kitchen cabinet?
- When you decide to repaint the kitchen cabinets be prepared for the cost of about $1,000.
- Repainting kitchen cabinets cost usually depend on the number of cabinets that require paint and the time and labor utilized in it.
- Also, the cost will be affected by the materials used to paint the kitchen cabinets like brushes, paint, primer, and sanding equipment.
- When you are going to paint new kitchen cabinet and use basic materials, the price for material and overall procedure will be between $2,400 and $3,200.
- If you upgrade the quality of the materials, the cost will be between $3,000 and $4,000.