How to sell your house fast
You might want to move to a larger house or you are moving to another part of the country or abroad. Maybe you need to sell your house fast in order to get money for some unexpected emergency. Whatever the reason, finding the right buyer for a house is a tedious process. Not only can it be time-consuming, selling a house fast requires taking certain essential measure.
Below are some tips to help you sell your house fast.
Which are the essential repairs required to sell a house fast?
- If you have a major problem in your plumbing, the roof needs fixing, and there are issues in the heating system, you need to get them fixed, as these are major put-offs for potential buyers.
- You can lower the price to compensate for any major fault, but it is often better and more economical to fix these issues before selling.
- Buyers will also be more happy with a house that does not need any repairs as soon as they move in.
Can you identify the minor issues?
- Your roof looks dull, some of your door handles are chipped, the indoor painting has lost its sheen.
- You have become immune to these issues due to familiarity. However, see these from the perspective of a buyer.
- Have a friend or your agent walk through your house and point out flaws to be fixed. Then get them fixed.
What is the right price?
- Fixing the price high so that you can negotiate down to what you expect is not a good idea.
- Find the current rate for houses like yours, in your as well as another neighborhood. Then set the optimal price.
- In fact, if you are confident enough, you can cut the price by 10% or so to attract a flood of interested buyers and create a competition that may help you get your expected price.
Should you get an agent?
- The expense involved in using the service of an agent is worth it. Agents know how to sell your house fast. A few benefits of hiring real estate agents are they have accurate knowledge about property values and will help you fix the right price. They will create listings for your house in relevant offline and online listings and in online property marketplaces. They have access to a network of contacts to find brokers and buyers who will be interested in your house.
- You can help too by spreading the word in your neighborhood, among friends, and colleagues. Use social media sites reach out to more people. Promote your locality too.
How do you give the house a fresh neat look?
- Deep clean your house just before you put it on the market. You can do this yourself or take help of professional cleaners if time is a constraints.
- Regularly clean the kitchen, the bathroom, and ensure leaky faucets are fixed.
- Clean up grouts and stains. Use clean bedding and maintain a dust-free upholstery.
- Hire a storage unit. Pack and store your seasonal clothing, items that you no longer use, and extra furniture.
- Arrange the remaining clothes, kitchen utensils, etc. neatly so that when a buyer inspects closets, they see order and space and not clutter.
Why is curb appeal vital?
First impressions are the best impressions. Your house should look attractive to prospective buyers even before they step inside. Ensuring your home entrance looks inviting is essential. You can do this by:
- Mowing the lawn, and keeping the grass down.
- Having some flowering plants and attractive shrubs at the gateway, and keeping the paths clean.
- Cleaning up the front and backyard.
- Making the entrance look warm and inviting using warm lighting.
Are you ready to show your house anytime?
- You should be ready to show your house at anytime a potential buyer wants to see it.
- Clean the house before each showing, draw back the curtains, and switch on the lights if it is dark. Place lamps in dark corners.
- Some buyers might not like pets. Make arrangements to board your pets at a dog daycare or at a friend’s home whenever you are showing your house. Remove the cat litter, feeding bowls, etc.
- Instruct your kids to behave well while a buyer visits.
Have you depersonalized the house?
- Remove all personal items that identify that the house as yours, like photographs, decorative items, etc. while showing the house to potential buyers.
- You want the buyers to imagine themselves in the house and think of it as their home, as this helps in selling a house faster.
If you are looking for help on how to sell your house fast, these are some of the important points to focus on. The first thirty days from the time you list your house for sale is considered the best time to find a buyer.