Pros and cons of the top 3 Comcast Cable TV packages
Choosing the best Comcast Cable TV packages is quite a task, nowadays, with the variety of connections available around us. The best, in this case, refers to a package that is substantially better as compared to other cable TV package providers. You must be careful with your expectations when it comes to cable TV, you might not be able to avail the best customer service. Even the best of the lot might not be great with their customer service aspect.
Let us look at some of the best Comcast Cable TV packages and their pros and cons.
Which are the best Comcast Cable TV packages providers?
Comcast Xfinity cable TV: Xfinity might be known in your area for the best deal on Comcast Cable TV packages, they have three plans for you to choose from:
- Digital Starter: This plan is priced at $49.99 per month approximately and gives you access to 140 channels.
- Digital Preferred: This plan is priced at $59.99 per month approximately and gives you access to 220 channels.
- Digital Premier: This plan is priced at $99.99 per month approximately and gives you access to 260 channels.
Cox cable TV: Cox cable TV is a combination of various packages where it is trying serve all the needs of the consumers. The service is, more or less, a mixed bag. Here are their plans:
- Flex Starter: This plan is priced around $44.99 per month and gives you access over 75 channels with a contour record 6 – HD DVR.
- Contour TV: This plan is priced around $64.99 per month and gives you access to over 140 channels with a contour record 6 – HD DVR.
Spectrum cable TV: The stand out feature for Spectrum cable TV is their ‘no-contract’ service. It has become the biggest selling point for the cable TV service. Here are the plans:
- TV Select: This plan is priced around $59.99 per month and gives you access to 125 channels with Motorola or Cisco DVR.
- TV Silver: This plan is priced around $79.99 per month and gives you access to 175 channels with Motorola or Cisco DVR.
- TV Gold: This plan is priced around $99.99 per month and gives you access to 200 channels with Motorola or Cisco DVR.
What are the pros of the best Comcast Cable TV packages?
- Comcast Xfinity cable TV: To start with, the packages from this provider are substantially cheaper than most of the other Comcast Cable TV package providers. For example, if you look at the ‘digital starter’ plan, it is priced at about $15 a month less than the other providers. Apart from that, this plan also includes channels from the top 25 cable TV networks, excluding Univision. Once you buy this package, you do not have to worry about missing out on the most popular shows and channels.
- Cox cable TV: Cox had a variety of plans in the past, with different options for people to choose from, but now they have narrowed it down to two plans that are designed to serve the purpose. According to reviewers, this is a positive change as every plan now comes with customization and add-ons. Most customers love customization; therefore, the Cox cable customization feature is a pro as it provides better flexibility.
- Spectrum cable TV: Spectrum is the result of a merger between Charter Spectrum and Time Warner Cable, and most of us know that mergers do not benefit us. A merger usually leads to lesser competition and lesser options for the customers; also, it is a move to make more profits. The biggest pro of Spectrum is the ‘no-contract’ service, and while most feared that the feature would not exist after the merger, it has stayed.
What are the cons of best Comcast Cable TV packages?
- Comcast Xfinity Cable TV: The cons for this cable TV provider is the additional fees that we have to pay when it comes to subscriptions for broadcast TV and regional sports. As mentioned in the beginning, this service does not have the best customer service.
- Cox cable TV: The 6-HD DVR provided by the brand is a lot costlier than what a DVR should cost. It is almost double the price of Comcast Xfinity cable TV’s DVR.
- Spectrum: The pricing and the one-time installation fee can act as a con in this case. It is not the worst pricing package, but is also not the best Comcast Cable TV package either.